- First Golfer Donald Trump. Have been waiting for a long-form article on Trump the golfer, as it often is on the golf course one’s true character is revealed – warts and all. Alan Shipnuck’s article in SI is probably one of the better ones written on Trump – especially if you are a golfer.
- Ricardo Hausman on the unprecedented depth of Venezuela’s economic collapse.
- The slow death of the A380 signalling the end of an aviation dream (and the end of progress in general?) by Michael Skapinker in the FT.
- An extract from Seth Stephens-Davidowitz’s very interesting new book on how big data are now revealing our darkest secrets and lies.
- Bannon as the heir to Plato(?)
- Why true experts break the rules.